Maude’s Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie is an easy dessert to make ahead of time to enjoy later. You’ll love the crunch of the peanut butter with the crumbly graham cracker crust.
Maude's Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie
By: Brennan's of New Orleans (Dave Wilson and Chef Mike Roussel)
Recipe type: Dessert
- ½ gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 heaping tsp. crunchy peanut butter
- 1 Tbs. Ronald Reginald's Melipone® Mexican Vanilla or Ronald Reginald's Vanilla Bean Marinade®
- ½ box graham crackers (two stack packs)
- 2-3 Tbs. melted butter
- heavy cream for whipping
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer to let it soften. Prepare the crust. Crush the crackers very fine by rolling them in the foil with a rolling pin. Put the crumbs into a bowl and pour in the melted butter. Mix with a fork. Add more butter if necessary. Put the crumbs into a 9 inch pie pan and press down to form a firm even crust. Refrigerate.
- To make the filling, combine the softened ice cream, the Melipone® Mexican Vanilla, and peanut butter in a mixer. Whip until very creamy. Taste, and add more peanut butter if desired. Pour the filling into the pie shell and freeze. To serve, cut into slices and top with fresh whipped cream.