This delicious recipe for Tete’s Extraordinary Flan (Crème Caramel) can be served either hot or cold as a silky and creamy treat to complement just about any meal. Enjoy!
Tete's Extraordinary Flan (Crème Caramel)
By: Chef Reginald
Recipe type: Dessert
- 7 inch ring pan
- 6 large eggs
- 1 (14 oz.) can evaporated milk
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 Tbs. water (for caramel)
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tbs. Ronald Reginald's Melipone® Mexican Vanilla or Ronald Reginald's Vanilla Bean Marinade®
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Cook sugar and water to light brown caramel. Immediately pour into mould. Turn mould to coat bottom and sides of pan with caramel. Set aside.
- Mix the eggs, Melipone® Mexican Vanilla, condensed milk, and evaporated milk well. Pour into caramel-lined ring pan. Bake in pan of water (1 ½ " to 2" water) for 25 to 35 minutes. Test to see if done. Chill thoroughly before inverting to remove from ring pan.