How can you make something as good as chocolate chip cookies even better? Easy- add pecans and coconut to create Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies.
Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
By: Le Ruth's (Chef Leruth)
- 2 sticks (½ lb.) butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup chopped Angel Flake Coconut
- 1 extra-large egg
- 1 Tbs. water
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour, unsifted
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups pecan pieces (English walnuts may be substituted)
- 1 Tbs. Ronald Reginald's Melipone® Mexican Vanilla or Ronald Reginald's Vanilla Bean Marinade®
- Preheat oven to 360º.
- Cream butter, sugars, Melipone® Mexican Vanilla, coconut, and egg for 5 minutes. Add flour and soda and mix for 3 to 4 minutes. Gently fold in chips and pecans. Chill dough for 1 hour for easier handling. Divide dough into 8 pieces and roll into strips. Pinch 13 cookies from each strip. Place on lightly greased cookie pans and bake about 9 to 11 minutes. Makes about 100 small cookies.