Ronald Reginald’s Vanillas are particularly suited for baking. You’ll love these rich little Cajun treats!
Cajun Cream Tart
By: Darcey Lenomand
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ¼ stick butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- ¾ cup buttermilk or milk
- 2 tsp. Ronald Reginald's Melipone® Mexican Vanilla or Ronald Reginald's Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup whipping cream
- ½ stick butter
- ¾ cups sugar
- 1 ½ cup milk (reserve ⅓ cup milk to dissolve cornstarch)
- 3 Tbs. cornstarch dissolved in ⅓ cup milk
- 2 tsp. Ronald Reginald's Melipone® Mexican Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Cream sugar and butter; add eggs. Add 1 cup flour at a time along with milk. Mix to soft dough and chill for 1 hour. Roll dough to fit 9" pie plate. Reserve a little dough to strip top of tart. Fill tart shell with cream filling and bake for 35 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar. Make cut-out cookies with leftover dough.
- Measure milk, cream, butter, sugar and Melipone® Mexican Vanilla into a thick bottom pot. Bring to boil, then slowly stir in the dissolved cornstarch, stirring vigorously with hand whip. Return to boil to thicken.