Use this Skillet Pecan Fruit Cake Recipe to get the same rustic results as cooking cornbread in cast iron skillet.
Skillet Pecan Fruit Cake
By: Chef Reginald
- 1 ½ lbs. large pecan pieces
- 1 lb. glace cherries (red and green)
- ½ lb. glace pineapple
- ½ lb. cut dates
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 Tbs. Ronald Reginald's Vanilla Bean Marinade®
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Grease and paper line a large iron skillet.
- Toss fruit, nuts, flour, sugar, and salt together. Whip eggs and Vanilla Bean Marinade® and mix into fruit mixture.
- Bake for 1 ½ hours (top covered with paper).
Be sure to pack batter well into skillet.