Melipone® Mexican Vanilla is an authentic Mexican formulation over three quarters of a century old that is made in New Orleans by Chef Reginald. It is named after the Mexican Melipona bee which pollinates the vanilla orchid. In Mexico, as in other warm climates, consumers demand more vanilla flavor intensity. This concentrated vanilla is 3-4 times stronger than ordinary vanilla and has a full-bodied, rich and creamy taste. Its unique formulation has a distinctive and delicious flavor and aroma which is retained at high baking temperatures as well as at the sub-zero temperatures of ice creams. It is especially delicious when added to coffee, milk, and other beverages.
Melipone® Mexican Vanilla Recipes
- Gateau aux Carottes Carrot cake, a classic favorite that is easy to make. This recipe makes a delicious, moist cake with a rich vanilla cream cheese topping. Bon appétit!
- Cajun Cream Tart Ronald Reginald’s Vanillas are particularly suited for baking. You’ll love these rich little Cajun treats!
- New Orleans Pralines Recipe This simple iconic southern treat covers pecans in a buttery sugar coating. Because of the simplicity of ingredients and ease of preparation, home-made pralines can be found in many New Orleans shops and are commonly sold by entrepreneurial street vendors.
- New Orleans Pecan Pie Pecans are native to the south, making this a common New Orleans treat. Serve it warm for optimal enjoyment of the rich and decadent combination of vanilla, nut, and cinnamon flavors.
- Swiss Butter Cookies Crunchy buttery cookies with a twist of citrus and vanilla that will dare you to eat another!
- Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies How can you make something as good as chocolate chip cookies even better? Easy- add pecans and coconut into the recipe. You’ll love these.
- Vanilla Soufflé This elegant vanilla souffle, despite it’s reputation as a fancy french dessert, is not as difficult as you may suspect. Compatible with just about any menu!
- Chocolate Pecan Caramel Tarte Careful, the decadence of chocolate, caramel and pecans may just knock you off your feet. Easily a party favorite, everyone loves this rich dessert.
- Genoise with Amaretto and Chocolate The combination of amaretto and chocolate in this classic Italian cake is to die for.
- Bread Pudding Souffle This is the perfect way to use up leftover bread pudding.
- Bread Pudding with Glazed Top The vanilla glazed top dresses up this family-favorite bread pudding recipe.
- Tete’s Extraordinary Flan (Crème Caramel) This delicious flan can be served either hot or cold as a silky and creamy treat to complement just about any meal. Enjoy!
- Hot Fudge Sauce Pour this thick fudge sauce over just about any dessert. It’s particularly great as an ice cream sundae topping!
- Banneux Truffles The delicate hand-made quality of these chocolates make them especially nice as a gift, so don’t eat them all at once!
- Maude’s Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie A dessert easy to make ahead of time. You’ll love the crunch of the peanut butter with the crumbly graham cracker crust.
- New Orleans Bread Pudding and Lemon Sauce and Chantilly Cream This is a popular bread pudding recipe well known in New Orleans. The twist of lemon coupled with the Chantilly cream make this anything but your normal bread pudding.