Use this Maria’s Maraschino Cream Cake Recipe to create a beautiful cake, colored and flavored by delicious Maraschino syrup.
Maria's Maraschino Cream Cake
By: Ristorante La Riviera (Chef Goffredo)
- 6 eggs
- ⅔ cups sugar
- 1 ½ cup flour (plain), sifted twice
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup Maraschino cherry syrup (from cherries)
- 1 ½ tsp. Ronald Reginald's Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp. Ronald Reginald's Almond Extract
- Combine eggs, sugar, and vanilla in a small mixing bowl.
- Beat over hot water for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and continue to whip for 8 minutes on high speed, fold in flour. Pour into greased and floured 10-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes at 350° F. Cool.
- Slice cake into 3 thin layers. Sprinkle with Maraschino cherry syrup flavored with almond extract. Cover each layer with whipped cream and decorate top of cake with rosettes of whipped cream and whole Maraschino cherries.