Careful, the decadence of chocolate, caramel and pecans may just knock you off your feet in this recipe for Chocolate Pecan Caramel Tarte. Easily a party favorite, everyone loves this rich dessert.
Chocolate Pecan Caramel Tarte
By: Café Rani (Chef Gary Darling)
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups light corn syrup
- 2 sticks (½ lb.) butter
- ½ tsp. salt
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups pecan pieces
- 3 squares (3 oz.) unsweetened chocolate
- Pie dough for a 12" pan
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp. Ronald Reginald's Melipone® Mexican Vanilla or Ronald Reginald's Vanilla Bean Marinade®
- Boil the unopened can of condensed milk in water for 3 hours to make caramel, then cool.
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- In a heavy sauce pan, heat corn syrup, sugar, butter, salt, and chocolate to simmer. In another bowl, beat the eggs for 2 minutes and slowly add half of the cooked mixture. Add Melipone® Mexican Vanilla, then add the other half of the cooked mixture. Stir in the pecans.
- Pour batter into 12" pan lined with pie crust. Bake 10 minutes at 425º F; reduce oven to 350º and bake for about 40 minutes.
- Allow tarte to cool completely then open boiled condensed milk and spread over tarte. Refrigerate again before serving.